Australia Austria Canada Czech Republic Denmark Finland Germany Ireland Israel Italy Japan Korea Latvia Lithuania Malta Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Norway Portugal Russia Singapore Slovak Republic South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America
Flags link to country page or website.

Home > Working Abroad > United Arab Emirates

United Arab Emirates

Licensing is governed by each Emirate.

The licensing requirements vary between the health authorities, for further information contact us or speak to them directly.

Applying for professional licence: This is done through the relevant health authority. Minimum 2 years qualification ie. 2 year diploma or 3 year BSc. (unfortunately anyone with a 1 year qualification can no longer register). Only hygiene is recognized here, no therapy.

4/5 years' experience is the norm. You will need a letter confirming your work history from each practice, on headed paper.
"I confirm Mr/Ms XXXX worked here from XX/XX to XX/XX"

Other documents required:

  • Letter of good standing from the GDC - you can apply for this online.
  • CPR certificate
  • Indemnity Insurance Certificate
  • Copy of your Diploma/Degree
  • Syllabus of your course
  • DHA application form
  • Passport photos/passport copy

Hilary Browne - president
Hanan Abdalla - vice president
Karina Carniato Kashmiri - secretary

Back to top

NOTE: The information provided above is for general guidance only. The International Federation of Dental Hygienists advises all hygienists to contact the country's relevant licensing bodies and agencies for current information and regulations.

2021 IFDH Sponsors
Platnium Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Silver Sponsor
Crest OralB
Bronze Sponsor
International Federation of Dental Hygienists