IFDH & Global Child Dental Fund
Dental Hygienist - Social Responsibility Award
Improving Oral Health of Disadvantaged Children
2016 Volunteer Project
by Cathryn Carboon
Gift from the Heart
by Bev Wood
by Hitomi Arimatsu
The IFDH and the Global Child Dental Fund have launched a project to recognize, on an annual basis, hygienists and student hygienists who participate in a volunteering project which benefits disadvantaged children, mainly but not exclusively in low- and middle-income countries.
Any Dental Hygienist who is either an IFDH Individual or Student member, or member of an IFDH Country Member.
The project must be registered on the GCDFund website.
The GCDFund & IFDH Dental Hygienist Social Responsibility Award will be awarded to support any community volunteering project, in any country, which provides an Oral Health intervention for disadvantaged children.
Grant proposals will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Alignment with GCDF mission and the WFPHA's Declaration on Access to Oral Health for Children (www.gcdfund.org and www.wfpha.org).
- Needs assessment: Address the most pressing oral health needs in the community to be served.
- Impact: The project should demonstrate improved oral health awareness to the target community.
- Community support and previous project experience (if applicable).
- Personal reflection by the candidate on lessons learned.
We have an award program for the 3 best projects uploaded to the GCDF Dental Electives e-depository website.
The best project, to be judged by three judges:
- Hyewon Lee, GCDFund Consultant
- Wanda Fedora and Corrie Jongbloed-Zoet, both from the IFDH Executive Council
There will be one winner who will receive a cash prize of $3,000 and $1,000 to the two runner-ups.
If you have any queries, you can liaise with IFDH (Georgia Anas at: firstname.lastname@example.org) or GCDF Noorie Beeharry at email@example.com
2015 awards »
2014 awards »