International Symposium on Dental Hygiene
The International Symposium on Dental Hygiene (ISDH) is held every two (2) years (starting after 2019) under the auspices of the International Federation of Dental Hygienists (IFDH) to provide a forum for the understanding and discussion of issues pertaining to dental hygiene.
Symposium attendees include Dental/Oral Hygienists, Medical/Dental Practitioners and Allied Healthcare Practitioners. The official language of the symposium is English with simultaneous translation into other languages, depending on the location.
House of Delegates vote on which Full Association Member country will host the event.
The event encompasses three IFDH elements:
- Board of Directors: 2- day meeting.
- House of Delegates: 2-3 day meeting for IFDH HoD members only.
- Symposium: 3 day symposium with over 1,500 attendees from around the world.
Future ISDH Locations
- 2019: Seoul, Korea
- 2022: Dublin, Ireland
- 2024: To be determined at 2019 HOD Business Meeting in Seoul, Korea, based on presentations made by Full Association Members.
Past ISDH Locations
- 2016: Basel, Switzerland - read the article and see photos
- 2013: Cape Town South Africa - read the article and see photos
- 2010: Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2007: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2004: Madrid, Spain
- 2001: Sydney, Australia
- 1998: Florence, Italy
- 1995: Tokyo, Japan
- 1992: The Hague, Netherlands
- 1989: Ottawa, Canada
- 1986: Oslo, Norway